Just a really big show? No, next Sunday's Wrestlemania XX will be much more than that. A solid card top to bottom ... the best of Smackdown! and RAW thrown together in five hours of entertainment.
There are compelling storylines. And there's Hall of Fame inductee Pete Rose, who surely deserves yet another tombstone piledriver from Kane.
There's Chris Benoit, who deserves to walk away from the ring with a win over reigning champion Triple H and meddling Shawn Michaels. We would hope that Benoit would pin Michaels to win the title. We've got a sneaking suspicion that Triple H's political stroke may mean that Michaels ends up costing Benoit the match. But wouldn't it be more captivating if Benoit won and Michaels raised his hand in victory? It should be noted that Benoit is featured on the poster for the Backlash pay-per-view.
There's Eddie Guerrero who will battle Kurt Angle in what should be another highlight match of the night. Both are great performers. We expect Guerrero will retain his title.
The list goes on ... Bill Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar with Stone Cold Steve Austin as the guest ref ... what role will Austin have?
The returning Undertaker vs. Kane. A great idea and it would be a horrible mistake to have The Undertaker return as anything else than the man from the dark side.
The Rock and Mick Foley vs. Evolution. The Rock and Sock Connection reunited? We love it.
Chris Jericho vs. Christian. Former buddies turned foes. Great buildup to this match.
The Big Show vs. John Cena. Cena will help elevate this match.
Victoria vs. Molly Holly, who'll get her head shaved if she loses. Good gimmick.
Playboy Evening Gown match with Torrie Wilson and Sable vs. Miss Jackie and Stacy Keibler. Sexy.
There are other matches which we'll get into next week.
Oh, and did we mention Rose, the disgraced baseball star and manager who was banned for his betting habit. He'll be inducted into the Hall of Fame along with Jesse Ventura, Sgt. Slaughter, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Superstar Billy Graham, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, The Junkyard Dog, Tito Santana, Harley Race, Big John Studd and Don Muraco.
- It's confirmed WWE will be in Kingston, at the Memorial Civic Arena, on May 29. No ticket info yet. Tickets for Toronto's June 1 Smackdown! show and Montreal's May 31 RAW show will go on sale April 24.
- The Rock will be at RAW tomorrow night in Bridgeport, Conn. He'll have a big role, hosting a This Is Your Life, Mick Foley.
- Victoria says she'd like to pose naked in Playboy ... and we second the motion.
- The Nokia Brier curling championship will bump tomorrow's midnight showing of RAW back to 3:30 a.m.
- A camera in Vince McMahon's limo while Austin drives his ATV onto the roof? Geez, talk about coincidence.
- Adam Lebow says The Score will no longer air a 3 a.m. replay of Smackdown! early on Friday. Instead, the third replay will be at 2 a.m. on Saturday.
- CPW will open the doors of the St-Joseph Rec Centre, 122 Berri St. in Hull, to show next Sunday's Wrestlemania on the big screen. Doors will open at 6 p.m. with $8 tickets on sale at the door.
- Okay, one last chance. We've got two copies of Monday Night War, two copies of Mick Foley: Hits and Misses and one copy of No Mercy to give away. Here's the catch: If you win you've got to be able to pick them up at the Sun office, 6 Antares Dr., Phase III, in Ottawa. Just answer the skill-testing question (and it's not too tough). Name at least two of Foley's in-ring aliases. Send your answers to email@example.com. One entry per household please. Entries must be here by March 8, at noon.
- Pierre Carl Ouellet hung onto his title, defeating EXcesS69 at the Internet Wrestling Syndicate show last Saturday. The next IWS show, Know Your Enemies, will be held on March 27 at the downtown Medley. For more info, check out www.syndicatewrestling.com.
- Wrestling Observer's Dave Meltzer says a Rise and Fall of ECW DVD could be released in June.
2004 Wrestling Headlines
2003 Wrestling Headlines
Wrestling Headlines Archive