6th person arrested for Radocaj death
|Big John Radocaj prepares to compete in a Winnipeg sumo bout. (NEW BRAND WRESTLING ARCHIVES)
A sixth person has been charged in the September beating death of former indy wrestler Ivan (John) Radocaj.
RCMP arrested 18-year-old Christopher Dennis Houle on Tuesday in Winnipeg and charged him with first-degree murder -- making him the fourth man charged with carrying out an allegedly pre-meditated hit on Radocaj.
Donald Richard, 31, Daniel Richard, 23, and Timothy Richard, 20, are all also charged with first-degree murder.
Radocaj's ex-wife Melody Lynn Sanford, 43, and her friend Rita Louise Cushnie were charged late last week with conspiracy to commit murder. Cushnie, 53, is the mother of Donald Richard.
Sgt. Line Karpish, an RCMP spokeswoman, said yesterday an investigation led officers to believe Houle is friends with one of his co-accused, but wasn't "really well known" by the others.
She said the lengthy investigation into Radocaj's death continues.
"I'm reluctant to say we're all done, but it does appear we finally have all the people involved in the matter," Karpish said. "It looks like we have those responsible apprehended."
Radocaj and Sanford married last summer and -- according to court documents -- spent just three months together before Sanford filed for divorce.
The former pro wrestler -- once known as the Croatian Giant -- was found dead in his Komarno-area home on Sept. 14, the victim of blunt force trauma.
Houle was scheduled to appear in a Winnipeg court yesterday.