September 22, 2007
Violence of weapons match caught in camera's eye
OSHAWA, ON -- Nothing like a weapons match to bring out the best in a photographer. SLAM! Wrestling's Mike Mastrandrea was there Friday night as Necro Butcher and Bill Skullion met in a weapons match. A shopping cart of plunder, including a screwdriver, a computer keyboard, and various other implements of destructions were used -- including the shopping cart itself!
In a match put on by Great Canadian Wrestling, the two hardcore icons brawled around the building, spilling each other's blood all over the floor and ring. Necro finished off Bill with a high cross body onto a pile of weapons for the three-count.
You've heard it said before, and we'll say it again -- the gallery that follows is NOT for the faint of heart. Blood and weapons abound. There's even two little behinds. :-)
Here are the rest of the results from Friday night's Great Canadian Wrestling show from Oshawa, courtesy "Bloodthirsty" Bob Kapur:
- Newly-crowned GCW champ Kris Chambers called out former champ (stripped due to injury) Jake O'Reilly, but instead was answered by Mike Stevens. The two were about to fight when Ash came in and pearl-harboured Stevens. Chambers and Ash announced they are forming a faction called The Experience and laid a beating on Chambers.
- Ash defeated Angel de Guerra.
- Steve Brown DDT'd Logan Savage on a chair to gain the pinfall victory.
- The Wild Stallions lost in a handicap match against one half of the GCW tag champions, Hayden Avery, after it was announced Avery's partner Cody Deaner was not in attendance.
- Ian Decay battled Warhed in a barbed wire tables match. Decay's Murder Junkies partner, Bloody Bill Skullion, helped soften up Warhed with a powerbomb before Decay finished him off with a DVD through the table. After the match, the Junkies used a staple gun on Warhed to punish him some more.
- Crazzy Steve beat El Tornado.
- JC Owens squashed PP Biggs. After the match, former GCW CEO Jamie Virtue called current CEO Michael Elgin to the ring. Elgin put up a valiant effort, but couldn't handle the double-teaming by Virtue and Owens, and soon succumbed to multiple avalanches by the rotund Owens.
- Sebastian Suave beat Rip Impact in the night's best technical encounter.
- Necro Butcher beat Bloody Bill Skullion.
The next GCW card will be held on October 19th.
A bloody, violent photo gallery from the show
More on Necro Butcher
More on Bill Skullion
Great Canadian Wrestling website