Fans plot fates of lords of ring
TIM BAINES -- Ottawa Sun
If WWE ever needs someone for its creative department ... you know, the scriptwriters ... it can save some coins and forget about the classified ad. I've got close to 100 people, most qualified to do the job, all listed in my e-mail directory.
I put a shout-out in my column last week, asking readers to come up with new storylines, to spark up what I believe to be plodding and sometimes lame plots.
And, while some are too complicated and lengthy to include, here are some suggestions, which came from as far away as Oklahoma City.
- An idea that was passed on by a few readers, including Daniel Bradshaw and Bernadette Johnson: It is revealed that Gene Snitsky was hired by none other than Matt Hardy, who did not want Lita to deliver Kane's baby. Johnson points out: "Snitsky said, 'I was just doing my job. It wasn't my fault.' " The angle could take another twist when Lita sides with Kane against Hardy.
- Shane Conlon would add Edge to Evolution, then engineer a RAW-Smackdown! trade with Kurt Angle going to RAW in exchange for Ric Flair, Eugene and Chris Jericho.
- Barry Formica would have Shelton Benjamin interfere in Taboo Tuesday's main event, grabbing a chair from Triple H, then surprisingly striking down his opponent. Benjamin would then be revealed as Evolution's newest member.
- Chris Drouin would like to see Shawn Michaels join Evolution, with Flair becoming a face.
- Robert Ross would have Edge beat Triple H at Taboo Tuesday, then turn heel and lose the title to Jericho at Survivor Series.
- Ken Pletz Jr. would have Hurricane lose his mask and have Randy Orton introduce a New World Order spinoff.
- Derek Dyck would turn Michaels heel and have him feud with Orton.
- Darryl Dawson would like to see Jeff Hardy rejoin his brother Matt as a tag team. And he'd give Jericho a big push.
- Dave Scarrow would have William Regal KO Eugene with brass knuckles at Taboo Tuesday. And, assuming the stipulation is loser gets his head shaved, the blow to the head would scramble Eugene and he'd return a "changed man."
- Steve Pilon would allow The Undertaker to win the title over JBL, then feud with Rob Van Dam who becomes a heel.
- David Distefano would have Michaels defeat Triple H, then meet Flair at Survivor Series.
- David Goodspeed would move The Undertaker to RAW for a feud with Orton, yet another legend for The Legend Killer to beat.
- Randy McNally would reunite Edge and Christian.
- Bill McKnight would like to see Triple H meet his match in Stone Cold Steve Austin.
- Brian Curry would like to see The FBI back in business, feuding with The Dudleys.
- Andrew Baxter would like to see Charlie Haas back with Benjamin. And he'd bring back the hardcore title, with guys such as Bob Holly, Rhyno, Tajiri and Johnny Stamboli fighting it out. And how about Paul Heyman snapping and reassembling an ECW roster?
- Several people would like to see Flair reform The Four Horsemen and feud with Evolution. And many, change that to most people, are fed up with the title reigns of Triple H and JBL.
I'll try and run more story ideas in future columns. If you come up with a brainstorm, drop me an e-mail.
- Many websites are reporting that Pat Patterson has quit WWE.
- John Cena injured in a bar fight? Uh, no. Cena has begun filming of his movie, The Marine, in Australia.
- TSN will begin a six-week trial of TNA Impact! on Mondays at 4 p.m. on Nov. 1. The best way to keep the show on the air is to watch it. TNA announced Kevin Nash and Scott Hall will be on its Nov. 7 Victory Road pay-per-view.
- Jarome Young, ECW's New Jack, was charged with aggravated assault after stabbing his opponent, William Jason Lane, 14 times with objects, including a piece of metal, in a hardcore match in Florida.