Lesnar limps away at house show
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer newsletter had his take on the
his web site. "The preliminary belief is that Brock Lesnar may have
cartilage in his knee, which caused the knee to lock toward the end of the
match with Kurt Angle," Meltzer wrote. "At this point they are going
idea that Tuesday's Iron Man match is not in jeopardy."
1Wrestling's Dave Scherer wrote that Lesnar "was telling people
night that he will be ready for the match and that he would probably
it easy at tonight's house show in Columbia, SC."
There was no official word from the WWE on their web site.
In other matches from the Richmond Coliseum show, in front of an estimated
1) Rey Mysterio b. Tajiri. Tajiri nailed Mysterio with
a kick to the head after the rollup pin.
2) Sean O'Haire and A-Train b. Paul London and Spanky.
O'Haire pinned London. The size difference between
London and Spanky, and O'Haire and A-Train was
3) Matt Hardy b. Orlando Jordan.
4) Funaki b. Nunzio.
5) The Bashams (w/Shaniqua) b. Billy Kidman and Jamie
Knoble (no Nidia at ringside). Danny p. Knoble.
6) Torri defeated Nidia, Sable, and Dawn Marie in a
bikini contest to audience applause.
7) Eddie Guerrero retained the US belt in a three way
with John Cena and Chris Benoit. Rhyno gored Benoit;
while the ref was diverted, Cena grabbed the title
belt, but Guerrero blocked it and gave Cena a belt
shot for the win.
8) Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin b. The APA.
Benjamin pinned Bradshaw after a belt shot.
9) Kurt Angle b. Brock Lesnar with the ankle lock
submission in 24:00.