March 23, 2003
Seattle\'s set for Wrestlemania
By TIM BAINES -- Ottawa Sun
The stage is being set for the Super Bowl of wrestling, Wrestlemania, next Sunday in Seattle. And there\'s plenty to get excited about.
Start with The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin, two of the most charismatic characters in wrestling history.
Then we get WWE owner Vince McMahon vs. the guy who is largely responsible for his company\'s early success, Hulk Hogan.
Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar? Angle is a legend in his own right and will fight this match, in all likelihood losing his title, out of sheer guts.
The list goes on, but we\'ll get into more detail next week.
- The Rock stuck his nose into Austin\'s match with Eric Bischoff on RAW. But it was too late, as Austin got the quick decision. The Rock did steal one of Austin\'s beers, though.
- WWE\'s June 15 pay-per-view will be called Bad Blood.
- The Hardy Boyz\' autobiography Exist 2 Inspire is out.
- WWE.com reports Dave Batista\'s wife Angie is cancer free. She was diagnosed with stage 1 grade C overian cancer last October.
- McMahon beat down Hogan and signed the contract for their Wrestlemania match in Hogan\'s blood.
- There are reports that Bischoff and Ric Flair got into a scrap backstage. But Bischoff is denying it, saying he and Flair are dear friends.
- Edge (Adam Copeland) is writing a weekly wwe.com column.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter suggests a deal with Goldberg is very close, with the money issue settled, but a couple of other details still to work out.
- Goldust was on The Howard Stern Show this past week and got nasty when talking about his ex-wife, WWE diva Teri. He told the show that Teri had flings with her gynecologist and dentist (not Isaac Yankem, we hope). Speaking of Goldust, let\'s hope this Tourette\'s Syndrome gimmick goes away soon. It is not funny, not one bit.
- Hogan revealed that Jimmy Hart\'s son is in an infantry troop on the front lines in Kuwait.