Tue, September 30, 2014
Best and worst of the 2010 World Cup
LOW: Tragedy struck the World Cup before it even began. On the eve of the the opening match between South Africa and Mexico, 13-year-old Zenani Mandela (right), great-granddaughter of Nelson Mandela (left), was killed in a car accident. The incident caused the African icon to skip the tournament's kick off in Soccer City, while an entire nation mourned alongside him. (Reuters/Nelson Mandela Foundation/Handout)
Aussie rules games are, uh, interesting...
- Michael Phelps Arrested On Suspicion Of DUI
- Tom Brady Throws a Pick-Six, Gets Laid Out, Sulks on the Sidelines
- Chiefs Safety Husain Abdullah Gets Penalty for Muslim Prayer
- Michael Phelps Arrested for DUI, Takes Goofy Mugshot
- Muslim Abdullah's Prayer Shouldn't Have Been Flagged: NFL
- Chiefs Fans Reclaim Record For World's Loudest Stadium
- Attorney Says NFL Broke Own Rules In Alleged Rape
- Mariners' Tom Wilhelmsen Dances to 'Turn Down for What'
- Report Reveals Late NFL LB Javon Belcher Had Signs Of CTE
- Jordan Zimmerman Throws No-Hitter, Saved By Steven Souza's Incredible Catch
- Rory McIlroy Shirtless With Red Wig After Ryder Cup Win
- Floyd Mayweather Hangs with 50 Cent's Son, Posts Pic
- Trade Watch: These NHLers could move before the deadline
- Top 10 storylines of the 2014-15 NHL season
- Best and worst sporting goodbyes
- Paulina Gretzky Instagram photos
- The top 50 NHL players for 2014
- Gallery: Prominent athletes and high-profile crime
- Oscar Pistorius trial in photos
- How many points will your NHL team finish with?
- Randle the Handle's NFL Week 1 predictions
- AFC - Randall the Handle's team-by-team breakdown
- Top NFL quarterbacks and pass catchers in 2014
- NFC - Randall the Handle's team-by-team breakdown
Also On Slam
What was the biggest story of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa?