Santos hoping to rejoin TFC

RYAN WOLSTAT, QMI Agency

, Last Updated: 7:59 PM ET

Still unable to field its top offensive lineup either because of injuries or circumstances, it appears Toronto FC will at least get one key attacker back Saturday in Dallas.

Striker Maicon Santos, injured in a 2-1 win over Chivas USA on August 7th, said Tuesday he feels good and is itching to return.

"I want to start ... to be without playing, seeing my friends (battling without him) has been terrible," the Brazilian told the Toronto Sun at J. Ross Lord Park in North York.

"I feel good," he said, though admitting that the squad's medical staff will make the final call.

The team has not trained since last week, so the 26-year-old will get a better idea of his fitness after going through the paces Wednesday.

Before injuring his knee, the forward had added a much-needed scoring threat up front for the Reds.

Minus captain Dwayne De Rosario and his nine goals Saturday (national team duty vs. Peru) and the still-injured Chad Barrett, who has scored six times, TFC will need everything Maicon Santos can provide.

The first MLS strike by Spanish designated player Mista would go a long way as well.

O'Brian White, third on the team with two goals, is also eager to contribute and end a lengthy drought.

The speedy striker has not hit the back of the net since way back on May 10th.

"With guys out, you know they expect more from you so you definitely have to work harder, White said."

"Sometimes you just need that one goal (to start rolling) ... just keep working and one will come and many more will come after."

Just three clubs have scored less goals than the Reds and two of them have 21 goals for to Toronto's 22.

TFC and Toronto Mayor David Miller were at the park to bring light to the refurbishment of two soccer fields there.


Videos

Photos