Dean of Speed's Race Day
By DEAN MCNULTY, QMI Agency
|There is lost of speculation that Jimmie Johnson is back to his five-time champion mode in the No. 48 Chevrolet. A strong run at Bristol will confirm it. (Getty)
TOP 10 THINGS TO LOOK FOR IN NASCAR FOOD CITY 500
1. The Gen 6 cars should produce lots pushing and shoving around the world’s fastest half-mile oval. They only way to pass is going to be to bump somebody out of the way.
2. Pay attention to the most aggressive drivers like Tony Stewart, Brad Keselowski and Carl Edwards. They will have the advantage at Bristol.
3. If you are a Danica Patrick fan you will go away disappointed as Bristol Motor Speedway is no place for rookies. If she simply finishes, it’s a win for the No. 10 team.
4. Pay attention to Turn 3. That is where a majority of drivers will try to make a pass and it doesn’t always work out the way they want it to.
5. Four-time champion Jeff Gordon had a rough time last week at Las Vegas. Keep an eye on the No. 24 Chevrolet. He’ll be looking to bounce back on Sunday.