|Canada’s James Hinchcliffe finished in the Fast Six in final qualifying at the Sao Paulo Indy 300. (STAN BEHAL/QMI Agency Files)
Canada’s James Hinchcliffe made it four in a row Saturday, finishing in the Fast Six with a lap of one minute, 21.995 seconds in final qualifying at the Sao Paulo Indy 300.
Hinchcliffe, driving the No. 27 Andretti AutoSport Chevrolet, will start fourth behind pole sitter Will Power, who had the fastest lap — 1:21.4045 — of the session in the No. 12 Penske Racing Chevrolet.
Power beat out Dario Franchitti in the No. 10 Ganassi Racing Honda by a mere .04 seconds.
Scott Dixon will start third in another Ganassi Racing Honda.
Hinclicliffe’s teammate Ryan Hunter-Reay will start fifth with Justin Wilson in a Dale Coyne Racing Honda rounding out the top six.
“I guess four is the number of the day: Fourth place, fourth time in the Firestone Fast Six,” said Hinchcliffe, a native of Oakville, Ont. “It’s certainly not a bad starting spot to be on the first two rows, but we had a competitive car in (the second qualifying session) and were hoping for a little bit higher up.
IZOD IndyCar Series Top 10 Qualifiers for Sao Paulo 300
1. Will Power, Dallara-Chevy, 01:21.4045
2. Dario Franchitti, Dallara-Honda, 01:21.4485
3. Scott Dixon, Dallara-Honda, 01:21.8545
4. James Hinchcliffe, Dallara-Chevy, 01:21.9956
5. Ryan Hunter-Reay, Dallara-Chevy, 01:22.2408
6. Justin Wilson, Dallara-Honda, 01:22.2681
7. Graham Rahal, Dallara-Honda, 01:21.8033
8. Mike Conway, Dallara-Honda, 01:21.8122
9. Josef Newgarden, Dallara-Honda, 01:21.8128
10. Ryan Briscoe, Dallara-Chevy, 01:21.8495