Kenseth won't make any excuses

DEAN MCNULTY, QMI Agency

, Last Updated: 7:44 PM ET

NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Matt Kenseth isn’t offering any excuses for his No. 17 Roush Fenway Ford’s team missing NASCAR Sprint Cup’s Chase for the Championship in 2009.

But the 2003 Cup winner hopes that he can explain to fans what the team is planning to make sure it doesn’t happen again when he makes an appearance at the Canadian Motorsports Expo on Saturday at the International Centre.

Kenseth will join Canada’s Ron Fellows, former Champ Car champion Paul Tracy and motorcycle racing legends Miguel and Yvon Duhamel for two days of race talk and show cars to kick off Mosport International Raceway’s 50th anniversary.

For Kenseth, it’s also a chance to look ahead at the 2010 Sprint Cup season.

Last year was the 37-year-old Wisconsin native’s first with crew chief Drew Blickensderfer after a career under the tutelage of Robbie Reiser.

“I feel like there’s maybe a little stability there (this year),” Kenseth said. “I think he knows a lot more what I like and don’t like, probably more what I don’t like.”

There were times last season, Kenseth admits that he wasn’t sure if the team would ever get going in the right direction even after winning the Daytona 500. But over time he feels the pair have got closer and that it will pay off in more wins.

“I’ve learned a lot of things about him as well,” kenseth said. “We’ve got a lot of exciting things going. We made a lot of upgrades on our cars from last year. But the bottom line is we’ve got to do it on the race track.

“We’ve got to get back into championship form.”

The show at the International Centre opens at 9 a.m. Saturday through to 9 p.m. and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.

Tickets available at the door.


Videos

Photos