MONTREAL -- Montreal hockey great Guy Lafleur is suing Montreal police and Quebec's solicitor general for a total of $3.5 million because of the warrant issued for his arrest earlier this year.
The suit targets Crown prosecutor Lise Archambault, Montreal police officer Francoise Fortin and their respective employers, lawyer Jean-Pierre Rancourt said in an interview yesterday.
Rancourt said Lafleur's reputation has been tarnished by the decision by authorities to proceed with the arrest warrant instead of a summons.
Lafleur testified at his son's bail hearing last October that Mark Lafleur was respecting a court-ordered curfew while in his parents' custody.
But the Hall of Famer later admitted he drove his son to hotels to spend the night with his 16-year-old girlfriend.
That prompted authorities to issue the arrest warrant on Jan. 25.