Hockey season is just around the corner.
With under three weeks until training camp, the Canucks announced yesterday the schedule for both the prospects and the veterans.
The pre-camp medicals and testing for the prospects will take place Sept. 7 at General Motors Place, followed by two more days of training camp at UBC's Thunderbird Winter Sports Centre.
After that, a mini prospects tournament will be held in Alberta.
The Canucks' rookies will be playing the Golden Bears on September 9 in Edmonton, and then they'll battle the Edmonton Oilers' rookies on the 10th.
Last season, the tournament involved the Flames, instead of the University, but they opted out.
The veterans will join the group for medicals and testing on the 12th, a day before the main camp is set to begin.
Although the times are yet to be announced, on-ice practice sessions from the 13th to the 16th at UBC is opened to the public and admission is free.
Vancouver will play the first preseason game on the 14th in Terrace, B.C. -Kraft Hockeyville 2009 winners- against the New York Islanders.
TRAINING CAMP SCHEDULE
- Sept. 7 Prospects medicals and testing
- Sept. 7-9 Prospects Training Camp
- Sept. 9-10 Prospects Tournament in Edmonton
- Sept. 12 Veterans medicals and testing
- Sept. 13-16 Main Training Camp
- Sept. 14 Vancouver vs New York Islanders in Terrace
- Sept. 19 Vancouver's first home preseason game against the Oilers