NAPLES, FLA. -- The latest from the hallways of the Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort as the NHL GMs' meeting wrapped up yesterday:
- Calgary F Alex Tanguay's name has popped back up on the market with five days left before the trade deadline. Tanguay would have to waive his no-trade clause, but there's talk he could be sent to the Habs for Montreal W Michael Ryder. It's believed the Panthers have also talked to the Flames about Tanguay.
- The Thrashers would like a player and No. 1 pick for RW Marian Hossa. The players being offered by numerous teams have been well publicized, but some wondered yesterday if Ottawa GM Bryan Murray might be willing to move D Andrej Meszaros. Atlanta desperately needs help on the blue line.
- The Blackhawks have discussed dealing C Tuomo Ruutu to the Penguins.
- The Panthers have told teams they'd rather not give up C Olli Jokinen because they remain in the playoff hunt in the Southeast Division. There's talk Florida might bring in Los Angeles LW Ladislav Nagy.
- The Isles are trying to re-sign C Mike Comrie, who is scheduled to become a UFA. GM Garth Snow said he has been pleased with Comrie's play and the two sides are looking at a long-term contract.