Top five ways Leafs goalie Andrew Raycroft can escape the wrath of Toronto fans
5. Negative attention diversion: Play Vince Carter highlights on the big screen after every opposition goal.
4. Discover an alternative to $7.50 beer, $25 parking and $300 tickets.
3. Weep like a wet baby. Look how it worked for Smyth and Messier.
2. Beat up Ray Emery. Um, on second thought, never mind that one.
1. Kidnap Dave Keon and chain one of his ankles to a seat in the greys.
It was probably the easiest call in hockey history to make. So you really have to wonder about the genius at CBC headquarters who screwed it up.
All of Canada was frothing at the mouth last weekend to see the most hotly-anticipated game of the season, the rematch between Ottawa and Buffalo, the first place team in the NHL against another contender, just 48 hours after their wild, and wildly-entertaining, brawl.
It was the biggest story, the biggest game, in North America. And what game does some tall forehead decide to give the national audience? The 15th-place Flyers and the ninth-place Leafs, of course.
How thick must one be to actually believe that anyone outside of Toronto wanted to a pair of non-playoff teams over the Sens-Sabres rematch?