1. Vancouver - Questions in goal exist but Canucks have best lineup anywhere.
2. Dallas - Turco and Modano make this team hum along.
3. Detroit - Only up this high thanks to winning weak division.
4. Calgary - Cup finalists have added more talent and are now a favourite.
5. Colorado - Lineup lost key names but Sakic leads solid bunch.
6. Edmonton - Better by far but relying too heavily on hopes of scoring depth.
7. Phoenix - Gretzky's bunch will exceed expectations thanks to Cujo.
8. Anaheim - Niedermayer, Fedorov and Giguere get Ducks into playoffs.
9. Chicago - Arrival of Khabibulin starts Windy City Revival.
10. Los Angeles - Faceless names after Roenick and Robitaille.
11. San Jose - Sharks turning into chum.
12. Minnesota - In desperate need of help for Gaborik and Fernandez.
13. St. Louis - Colossal collapse.
14. Nashville - Kariya chose money over playoff potential.
15. Columbus - Very little there to complement Nash.
1. Ottawa - One of the best bets to go all the way.
2. Philadelphia - A powerful crew featuring Forsberg.
3. Tampa Bay - Defending champs will be tough to knock off perch.
4. Montreal - Glory days returning with Theordore, Souray and Koivu.
5. New Jersey - Fewer big names but Brodeur still tops in the twine.
6. Pittsburgh - Mario and Sid hardly alone in revamped squad.
7. Boston - A top-notch goaltender would elevate their chances.
8. Atlanta - Surprise ascent because of knockout scoring punch.
9. Toronto - Not as bad as doomsday thinkers believe.
10. N.Y. Rangers - After Jagr, are there any standouts?
11. Florida - Can't go far on only strength in Luongo.
12. N.Y. Islanders - The '80s must seem like so long ago.
13. Buffalo - Sabres get stampeded by almost everyone.
14. Carolina - They were in the Cup final once, right?
15. Washington - Pity poor Olie the Goalie.