April 11, 2012
Horton shut down for playoffs
By MIKE ZEISBERGER, QMI Agency
The Boston Bruins are accustomed to enjoying playoff success without the services of Nathan Horton.
But that doesn't make it any easier to take.
"It kind of sucks," Bruins forward David Krejci told reporters in Boston on Wednesday, summing up the feelings of his entire team.
Ten months ago, the Bruins won the Stanley up without the services of Horton, who suffered a concussion in Game 3 of the final against the Vancouver Canucks.
This time around, the Bruins will have to go through the entire playoffs sans Horton, who was ruled out of the entire postseason Wednesday as a result of having his marbles scrambled in a game against the Philadelphia Flyers on Jan. 22.
The Bruins are vowing to use Horton as inspiration in the same way they did against the Canucks.
"We want to play for him like we did last year in the final," forward Brad Marchand said. "It's obviously tough with him not being here so we want to definitely use that to an advantage and play for him."