PATRICK LALIME saw Senators general manager John Muckler watching practice behind the glass yesterday and gave him a reassuring nod that he intends to play Game 1.
The Ottawa netminder sprained his knee on March 27 at the Air Canada Centre and has not played since. Lalime participated in about 20 minutes of the hour-long practice and stayed afterwards for extra work with goalie coach Phil Myre.
"I'm feeling good and it's getting better every day," said Lalime. "It's progressing and I'm excited. I'm going to keep working at it. I've got three more days."
Martin Prusek, chased to the bench by three goals on nine Toronto shots on Saturday, will start if Lalime can't, backed up by Ray Emery.
"I've gone through stretches in the season of 10 days where I haven't played before, so I'm not worried," Lalime said.
The Sens should have Peter Bondra and centre Jason Spezza ready for Game 1 from what the secretive Sens are calling 'lower body injuries'.
BIG QUESTION: The Sens are already under siege from questions of their failure to beat the Leafs in three previous series.
"That doesn't bug me," captain Daniel Alfredsson insisted. "What bugs me is that we haven't won a Stanley Cup. That's first and foremost on my mind."
- Reggie Miller Would Take Jordan on His Worst Day Over Kobe on His Best
- Michael Phelps Pleads Guilty to DUI
- Does Jay Cutler's Benching Mean QB's End with Bears?
- Tom Brady's Teammates Are Terrified of His Touchdown Celebrations
- Should athletes speak out?
- Forces Friday: Remembering the Christmas truce
- Two Buzzer-Beaters During Spurs-Grizzlies Game
- Deion Sanders' Ex-Wife Jailed, Loses Rights to See Kids
- Pilar Sanders Sentenced to Jail Time for Violating Custody Agreement
- LeBron James' Crossover Drops Thabo Sefolosha to the Floor
- NHL Player with Mumps Might Have Given It to Sick Children
- Drake Takes over Raptors Game, Introduces Players
- Tongue-in-cheek sports predictions for 2015
- Remembering sports figures who died in 2014
- Jean Beliveau's funeral in Montreal
- Athletes behaving badly: Arrests of 2014
- Prince William and Kate Middleton take in NBA game
- Tumbling trophies and crashing crystal: Broken sports awards
- Every photo you'll ever need from 102nd Grey Cup
- Photos: A Grey Cup Cheerleader Extravaganza
- Top 10 Grey Cup players to watch
- 10 intriguing Grey Cup bets
- Forbes releases 'The NHL's Best Fans' rankings
- Photos: Pat Quinn through the years