PATRICK LALIME saw Senators general manager John Muckler watching practice behind the glass yesterday and gave him a reassuring nod that he intends to play Game 1.
The Ottawa netminder sprained his knee on March 27 at the Air Canada Centre and has not played since. Lalime participated in about 20 minutes of the hour-long practice and stayed afterwards for extra work with goalie coach Phil Myre.
"I'm feeling good and it's getting better every day," said Lalime. "It's progressing and I'm excited. I'm going to keep working at it. I've got three more days."
Martin Prusek, chased to the bench by three goals on nine Toronto shots on Saturday, will start if Lalime can't, backed up by Ray Emery.
"I've gone through stretches in the season of 10 days where I haven't played before, so I'm not worried," Lalime said.
The Sens should have Peter Bondra and centre Jason Spezza ready for Game 1 from what the secretive Sens are calling 'lower body injuries'.
BIG QUESTION: The Sens are already under siege from questions of their failure to beat the Leafs in three previous series.
"That doesn't bug me," captain Daniel Alfredsson insisted. "What bugs me is that we haven't won a Stanley Cup. That's first and foremost on my mind."
- Shawne Merriman Suing Nike
- Hilary Duff - Mike Comrie Back Together
- Driver Hits Chandler Parsons, Asks for His Autograph
- Johnny Weir Calls Off Divorce
- LeSean McCoy Disses Tim Tebow
- Aaron Hernandez Allegedly Threatened to Kill Jail Guard
- Bernard Hopkins: Boxing's ageless wonder
- Dancers Adrianne Haslet-Davis and Christian Lightner at TED2014
- 10-Year-Old Signs NBA Contract
- Michael Phelps Leaving 'Retirement' At Age 28?
- Terrell Owens Owes IRS $244k In Back Taxes
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Reveals Cause of Death
- Best all-time NHL playoff performers
- Annual post-season goalie rankings
- 16 numbers to help make sense of the NHL playoffs
- Check out our top 10 post-season moments
- Wayne Gretzky selling California mansion
- Here are 15 pro wrestlers we lost too soon
- Introducing the should-be NHL award finalists
- 25 dazzling photos from Spring Training
- 10 biggest names that moved on NHL Trade deadline
- 10 last-minute NHL trade deadline targets
- 2 outdoor games, 20 gorgeous photos
- From top spot to urban rot, Olympic venue legacy varies