PATRICK LALIME saw Senators general manager John Muckler watching practice behind the glass yesterday and gave him a reassuring nod that he intends to play Game 1.
The Ottawa netminder sprained his knee on March 27 at the Air Canada Centre and has not played since. Lalime participated in about 20 minutes of the hour-long practice and stayed afterwards for extra work with goalie coach Phil Myre.
"I'm feeling good and it's getting better every day," said Lalime. "It's progressing and I'm excited. I'm going to keep working at it. I've got three more days."
Martin Prusek, chased to the bench by three goals on nine Toronto shots on Saturday, will start if Lalime can't, backed up by Ray Emery.
"I've gone through stretches in the season of 10 days where I haven't played before, so I'm not worried," Lalime said.
The Sens should have Peter Bondra and centre Jason Spezza ready for Game 1 from what the secretive Sens are calling 'lower body injuries'.
BIG QUESTION: The Sens are already under siege from questions of their failure to beat the Leafs in three previous series.
"That doesn't bug me," captain Daniel Alfredsson insisted. "What bugs me is that we haven't won a Stanley Cup. That's first and foremost on my mind."
- Matthew McConaughey Weighs in on 'Redskins' Debate
- Man BASE jumps into rooftop pool
- Lorde's Song 'Royals' Banned From San Francisco Radio During World Series
- Rookie Lazar Moving in to Chez Phillips
- Air Force Captain proposes to cheerleader during NFL game
- Paul Rudd Invites Royals Fans To Keg Party At His Mom's
- Embattled Coyotes find a buyer
- CFL and the Toronto Argonauts
- Katy Perry Will Play The Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Over the Line?! - Penis punch, creepy mascots and one great speech
- Floyd Mayweather -- I'm Gonna Train Michael Jackson's Son ... To Fight!
- Ex-NFL Star Seth Joyner -- EXPLODES ON YOUTH FOOTBALL TEAM ... Tough Love or Too Far?
- Beijing marathoners forced to battle immense smog
- 17 exceptional photos from the first 17 NHL games
- Bee freaks out American gymnast Simone Biles
- Oilers '84: Where are they now?
- Yashin in: NHL players paid to go away
- LeBron James' $17M Miami waterfront mansion up for sale
- Breaking down the NHL's Western Conference
- Breaking down the NHL's Eastern Conference
- Trade Watch: These NHLers could move before the deadline
- Top 10 storylines of the 2014-15 NHL season
- Best and worst sporting goodbyes
- Paulina Gretzky Instagram photos