What each team needs to do to win tonight
- After Joe Nieuwendyk, among others, did a fine job on faceoffs the first two games the Leafs were beaten on 44 of 67 draws in Game 3. Ron Francis lost 11 of 13 ... The Leafs went back to some old habits on the power play in Game 3, making several dangerous passes only to set up a low percentage shot ...Ottawa was able to move up ice with relative ease, a combination of lack of Toronto digging and the Leafs unable to get the puck deep enough before heading off on a line change.
- Must get more traffic in front of Ed Belfour, even though they have not been overly lacking in that area ... Either get the puck to Zdeno Chara more on the point during power plays or put him at the edge of Belfour's crease and tell him not to move ... Maybe let Patrick Lalime get a bit more work in goal. He faced two shots in the third period in Game 3 and let one in ... Make better decisions with a man advantage.The Sens led the NHL in power-play percentage during the season but are 2-for-17 in the series.
DID YOU KNOW?
The Leafs have blanked the Ottawa Senators six times in playoffs.
Ed Belfour's Game 3 shutout came on the fourth anniversary of Curtis Joseph's 2-0 win over the Sens in Toronto.
The Leafs have handed the Detroit Red Wings the most playoff bagels -- 10.
- The top 50 NHL players for 2014
- Gallery: Prominent athletes and high-profile crime
- Oscar Pistorius trial in photos
- How many points will your NHL team finish with?
- Randle the Handle's NFL Week 1 predictions
- AFC - Randall the Handle's team-by-team breakdown
- Top NFL quarterbacks and pass catchers in 2014
- NFC - Randall the Handle's team-by-team breakdown
- Professional athletes' high school photos
- Pro athletes that look like they could go back to school
- Check out Brandon Marshall's Florida mansion
- SI Swimsuit models complete Ice Bucket Challenge