'BEST DAY' IN NOLAN'S RECOVERY
The two injured Toronto forwards remain on the sidelines, though Owen Nolan looked spry in line rushes during yesterday's morning skate. It's possible he could play late in the Eastern Conference semi-final as his right knee ligament damage heals.
"There haven't been huge strides, but (yesterday) was probably my best day," Nolan said. "There's no timetable. It's all about feel."
After two days of skating, possibly as a ruse to the Ottawa Senators to distract them in Game 7, Maple Leafs captain Mats Sundin was not in the morning workout to test his left leg muscle injury.
"There has been some progress," coach Pat Quinn said.
"As we said before, he'll play when he's ready and he's not ready."
TRAFFIC COPS WANTED
Quinn was not impressed with the liberties the Philadelphia Flyers took with goalie Ed Belfour during their Eastern Conference quarter-final a year ago.
"They're going to get traffic in front of the net, that's one of their strengths," Quinn said. "Ottawa did the same thing as the last series went on.
"(Those tactics) were a sore point with me last year. If they are not going to call that stuff, I don't really know what's going to happen."
Count on this happening -- Flyers coach Ken Hitchcock will keep sending his forwards into Belfour's face whenever possible.
Leafs forward Alexei Ponikarovsky credits Krusty the Klown and his friends for improving his English this year.
"It comes from watching The Simpsons, Seinfeld, everything," Ponikarovsky said.
You could tell the snoop-sensitive Leafs had arrived in town yesterday. They had security block off normal access routes near their dressing room, inconveniencing Wachovia Center employees who were trying to prepare for the game ... The Leafs and Flyers' regular-season penalty-killing was separated by one-tenth of a percentage point, 83.4% to 83.3%.
MAPLE LEAFS INJURIES
Leg, day to day
Right knee, out indefinitely
- Check Out Blake Griffin's Hilarious Austin Rivers Impression
- Manny Pacquiao Uses Fight Tickets to Help Buy $12.5M Beverly Hills Mansion
- Cristiano Ronaldo Covers Teammates Car in Aluminum Foil
- Zach Auguste's Alley-Oop Slam Finishes Wichita State
- UNC's Dean Smith Leaves $200 to All His Former Players in Will
- Hammond leaves CTC limping
- Kentucky's Marcus Lee Dunks on His Own Teammate
- Serena Williams' Remake of Beyonce's '7/11' Video Is Awesome
- Odell Beckham Jr. Throwing Down Crazy Dunks at ASU
- George Hill Hits Game-Winner to Sink the Wizards
- Over The Line?! -- Death in the ring, McDavid's drinka nd more
- Caroline Wozniacki Gives First In-Depth Interview About Rory McIlroy Breakup
- Pundits blasted for commenting on anchor's boobs
- Trying out for Argos cheerleading squad
- Cheerleaders, mascots and fans of March Madness
- Will Ferrell sets MLB 'record' at spring training
- PHOTOS: Bouchard, Bieber a couple on the tennis court
- ZEISBERGER: A question for all 30 NHL teams down the stretch
- Mike Zeisberger's 2015 trade deadline primer
- Winnipeg Jets' top 10 trades of all time
- Danielle Knudson is dating Milos Raonic
- Rugby fans dress up for the New Zealand Sevens
- Been there, done that - meet A-Rod's exes
- The Covers: 50 years of SI's swimsuit issue