'BEST DAY' IN NOLAN'S RECOVERY
The two injured Toronto forwards remain on the sidelines, though Owen Nolan looked spry in line rushes during yesterday's morning skate. It's possible he could play late in the Eastern Conference semi-final as his right knee ligament damage heals.
"There haven't been huge strides, but (yesterday) was probably my best day," Nolan said. "There's no timetable. It's all about feel."
After two days of skating, possibly as a ruse to the Ottawa Senators to distract them in Game 7, Maple Leafs captain Mats Sundin was not in the morning workout to test his left leg muscle injury.
"There has been some progress," coach Pat Quinn said.
"As we said before, he'll play when he's ready and he's not ready."
TRAFFIC COPS WANTED
Quinn was not impressed with the liberties the Philadelphia Flyers took with goalie Ed Belfour during their Eastern Conference quarter-final a year ago.
"They're going to get traffic in front of the net, that's one of their strengths," Quinn said. "Ottawa did the same thing as the last series went on.
"(Those tactics) were a sore point with me last year. If they are not going to call that stuff, I don't really know what's going to happen."
Count on this happening -- Flyers coach Ken Hitchcock will keep sending his forwards into Belfour's face whenever possible.
Leafs forward Alexei Ponikarovsky credits Krusty the Klown and his friends for improving his English this year.
"It comes from watching The Simpsons, Seinfeld, everything," Ponikarovsky said.
You could tell the snoop-sensitive Leafs had arrived in town yesterday. They had security block off normal access routes near their dressing room, inconveniencing Wachovia Center employees who were trying to prepare for the game ... The Leafs and Flyers' regular-season penalty-killing was separated by one-tenth of a percentage point, 83.4% to 83.3%.
MAPLE LEAFS INJURIES
Leg, day to day
Right knee, out indefinitely
- OJ Simpson 'Joins' Dating Website
- Clippers Players Consider Boycotting NBA Season
- Victoria Beckham Owns 13 Engagement Rings
- Peyton Manning Gets Sacked by Son
- Jerry Jones Says He Almost Drafted Johnny Manziel
- U.S. Olympian Joshua Mance -- There's One Porn Star ... I Really Wanna Date!
- Former WWE Champion Daniel Bryan -- SUBDUES Burglar ... WITH SUBMISSION HOLD!!
- Johnny Manziel -- FIRES PIGSKIN THROUGH CAR WINDOW .... Caught On Video
- Lil Wayne - Ronaldo ... 'It Might Be a Great Partnership' ... Says Common
- Will LeBron James Lose Jersey Sales By Choosing No. 23?
- Nibali Wins Tour De France As Injuries Plague Opponents
- Sideways in Seattle: FD Round 5
- Roger Federer plays tennis with Lindsey Vonn on glacier
- Germany gets goofy, as the World Cup comes home
- Rihanna, family celebrate with World Cup champions
- The World Cup final, captured in 37 photos
- The best photos from one snoozer of a semifinal
- Brazilians bawling after 7-1 slaughter
- World Cup of Hair
- Top NHL free agents on July 1
- 9 draftees with NHL fathers
- 15 awkward photos from the NHL draft
- 2014 NHL Draft: Meet the league's 30 newest players
- Top 30 prospects of the 2014 NHL draft