NOLAN DENIES SURGERY NEEDED
If Owen Nolan requires surgery on his right knee when the Maple Leafs season ends, it's news to him.
Nolan flatly denied after the morning skate yesterday the speculation that he will have an operation during the off-season.
"When the season is over, we will discuss (the extent of his knee injury)," Nolan said. "It's feeling pretty good. There are some moves out there that still aggravate the knee when I turn a certain way, but as far as my strength goes, it is starting to come back."
Unlike captain Mats Sundin, who returned last night after missing four games with a leg injury, Nolan is not quite close to getting back in action.
Nolan was injured in a game against the Ottawa Senators on March 27 and has missed the past 12 games.
He said he will not be playing in Game 3 against the Philadelphia Flyers on Wednesday and has no return date in mind, but remains hopeful he will dress against the Flyers sometime.
"I have lost a lot of muscle (in his leg)," said Nolan, one of the last Leafs off the ice yesterday.
"Endurance (is an issue) from sitting out so long, I'm trying to build up the stamina and get rid of the swelling and pain. It is a bit of everything right now."
HAMMING IT UP
Tell us if you've heard this before.
It's playoff time, Mikael Renberg's hamstring is acting up again.
He skated yesterday and plans on participating in a full practice today.
Yet when asked if there is a possibility that he might be healed in time to make an appearance in this series he shrugged his shoulders and said "I don't know."
MAPLE LEAFS INJURIES
Back, day to day
Hamstring, day to day
Right knee, out indefinitely
- Knicks Meet With Phil Jackson, Woodson Preps For Playoffs(?)
- Leafs Prepare For The Flyers
- NFL Star Darren Sharper Admitted Rape?
- David Beckham Shows Off Harper Tattoo In New Fragrance Ad
- Terrell Owens Estranged Wife Seeking Alimony...For 72 Hour Marriage!
- Brett Favre Is Insanely Jacked!
- Did Bob Costas Get Pink Eye From A Botched Botox Procedure?
- Nationals optimism, Redskins franchise Orakpo and Wizards climb over .500
- Fister, McLouth bolster rotation and depth for Nationals
- Which player is most important to Nationals' success this year?
- Ronda Rousey Challenges Floyd Mayweather Jr. To A Fight
- NCAA Adjusts Targeting Rule, Nixes 10-Second Proposal
- 25 dazzling photos from Spring Training
- 10 biggest names that moved on NHL Trade deadline
- 10 last-minute NHL trade deadline targets
- 2 outdoor games, 20 gorgeous photos
- From top spot to urban rot, Olympic venue legacy varies
- Spring training facial hair in mid-season form
- Sidney Crosby, Carey Price highlight NHL all-star fan vote
- Rain, tornado warning halts Daytona 500 after 38 laps
- 12 prominent gay athletes
- Barbegazi Winter Action Sports Festival
- 30 Winter Olympic hotties
- Roberto Alomar selling Tampa mansion for $6.55 million