NOLAN DENIES SURGERY NEEDED
If Owen Nolan requires surgery on his right knee when the Maple Leafs season ends, it's news to him.
Nolan flatly denied after the morning skate yesterday the speculation that he will have an operation during the off-season.
"When the season is over, we will discuss (the extent of his knee injury)," Nolan said. "It's feeling pretty good. There are some moves out there that still aggravate the knee when I turn a certain way, but as far as my strength goes, it is starting to come back."
Unlike captain Mats Sundin, who returned last night after missing four games with a leg injury, Nolan is not quite close to getting back in action.
Nolan was injured in a game against the Ottawa Senators on March 27 and has missed the past 12 games.
He said he will not be playing in Game 3 against the Philadelphia Flyers on Wednesday and has no return date in mind, but remains hopeful he will dress against the Flyers sometime.
"I have lost a lot of muscle (in his leg)," said Nolan, one of the last Leafs off the ice yesterday.
"Endurance (is an issue) from sitting out so long, I'm trying to build up the stamina and get rid of the swelling and pain. It is a bit of everything right now."
HAMMING IT UP
Tell us if you've heard this before.
It's playoff time, Mikael Renberg's hamstring is acting up again.
He skated yesterday and plans on participating in a full practice today.
Yet when asked if there is a possibility that he might be healed in time to make an appearance in this series he shrugged his shoulders and said "I don't know."
MAPLE LEAFS INJURIES
Back, day to day
Hamstring, day to day
Right knee, out indefinitely
- Peyton Manning Goes Off On D.J. Swearinger
- 5 Best NBA Cartoons Memes
- Fury prepare to host Tampa Bay Saturday night at TD Place
- USC Coach Steve Sarkisian Responds to Racism Accusation
- Jesús Montero Throws Ice Cream Sandwich at Heckling Scout, Confronts Him With Bat
- Inside CRC: Beland In-Car at Rallye Baie Des Chaleurs 2014
- Johnny Manziel Plays Aerobics Instructor In Hilarious Snickers Commercial
- Adrian Peterson Says He Wants to Play for Cowboys
- Stamps roll out new signature jersey
- Top 3 Best Sports Commercials Airing Right Now
- Watch as Defender Cosmin Moti Makes Two Penalty Saves
- Maria Sharapova Dumps Grigor Dimitrov
- Professional athletes' high school photos
- Pro athletes that look like they could go back to school
- Check out Brandon Marshall's Florida mansion
- SI Swimsuit models complete Ice Bucket Challenge
- Alouettes QB coach Jeff Garcia lists estate for $7.75 million
- WWE wrestlers and UFC fighters turned actors
- Brian Gionta selling Montreal-area home for $1.45 million
- Bouchard ... and 7 other shocking Canadian losses
- Extreme shot put facial expressions at Commonwealth Games
- 20 exceptional Commonwealth Games photos
- Roger Federer plays tennis with Lindsey Vonn on glacier
- Germany gets goofy, as the World Cup comes home