NHL OK WITH NIK?
As of yesterday, the Maple Leafs had not been informed of any National Hockey League plan to discipline Nik Antropov for a Game 5 cross-check to the back of Flyers' Jeremy Roenick. Antropov was responding to a Roenick hit he considered to be aimed at his head.
"We'll see," Antropov said of his actions. "You have to look at what he (Roenick) did first."
Winger Wade Belak said the Leafs shouldn't get too carried away with the final score in Game 5. The seven goals against were the most since April 29, 1993, when Detroit lit up Felix Potvin seven times, though the Leafs responded with a Game 7 win.
"The score doesn't matter, the bottom line is that we lost," Belak said. "It seems like when it rains it pours when you play like that against them. But once we left the rink and got on the plane, we tried to put it behind us.
"We had just 11 shots, but in our last two home games, we shot the puck and we scored."
The Flyers combined record against the Leafs since Game 7 of last year's final now stands at 7-3, out-scoring Toronto 37-17.
LIFE OF BRIANS
Less than 24 hours after the Blowout on Broad St., Brian Leetch still was taking his share of the blame for the Leafs embarrassing 7-2 loss Sunday.
While the popular choice to be fitted for goat horns was Bryan McCabe, Leetch's defence partner, it should be pointed out that Leetch finished minus-four himself.
"I'm sure I've had lots of nights like that but I've forgotten them all," he said. "You have to.
"Bryan and I know we can play better. And we're going to. There were plays to be made, but our positioning has to be more sound.
"He's a great player.Usually we feed off each other out there but it seemed whatever we attempted out there, backfired.
On the bright side, Leetch was tied for the league power-play assist lead in the post-season with four heading into play last night.
MAPLE LEAFS INJURIES
Knee. Out indefinitely, might require surgery.
Hamstring. Out indefinitely, might be out for months
Knee. Out indefinitely, continues to show progress.
- Check Out Blake Griffin's Hilarious Austin Rivers Impression
- Manny Pacquiao Uses Fight Tickets to Help Buy $12.5M Beverly Hills Mansion
- Cristiano Ronaldo Covers Teammates Car in Aluminum Foil
- Zach Auguste's Alley-Oop Slam Finishes Wichita State
- UNC's Dean Smith Leaves $200 to All His Former Players in Will
- Hammond leaves CTC limping
- Kentucky's Marcus Lee Dunks on His Own Teammate
- Serena Williams' Remake of Beyonce's '7/11' Video Is Awesome
- Odell Beckham Jr. Throwing Down Crazy Dunks at ASU
- George Hill Hits Game-Winner to Sink the Wizards
- Over The Line?! -- Death in the ring, McDavid's drinka nd more
- Caroline Wozniacki Gives First In-Depth Interview About Rory McIlroy Breakup
- Pundits blasted for commenting on anchor's boobs
- Trying out for Argos cheerleading squad
- Cheerleaders, mascots and fans of March Madness
- Will Ferrell sets MLB 'record' at spring training
- PHOTOS: Bouchard, Bieber a couple on the tennis court
- ZEISBERGER: A question for all 30 NHL teams down the stretch
- Mike Zeisberger's 2015 trade deadline primer
- Winnipeg Jets' top 10 trades of all time
- Danielle Knudson is dating Milos Raonic
- Rugby fans dress up for the New Zealand Sevens
- Been there, done that - meet A-Rod's exes
- The Covers: 50 years of SI's swimsuit issue