NHL OK WITH NIK?
As of yesterday, the Maple Leafs had not been informed of any National Hockey League plan to discipline Nik Antropov for a Game 5 cross-check to the back of Flyers' Jeremy Roenick. Antropov was responding to a Roenick hit he considered to be aimed at his head.
"We'll see," Antropov said of his actions. "You have to look at what he (Roenick) did first."
Winger Wade Belak said the Leafs shouldn't get too carried away with the final score in Game 5. The seven goals against were the most since April 29, 1993, when Detroit lit up Felix Potvin seven times, though the Leafs responded with a Game 7 win.
"The score doesn't matter, the bottom line is that we lost," Belak said. "It seems like when it rains it pours when you play like that against them. But once we left the rink and got on the plane, we tried to put it behind us.
"We had just 11 shots, but in our last two home games, we shot the puck and we scored."
The Flyers combined record against the Leafs since Game 7 of last year's final now stands at 7-3, out-scoring Toronto 37-17.
LIFE OF BRIANS
Less than 24 hours after the Blowout on Broad St., Brian Leetch still was taking his share of the blame for the Leafs embarrassing 7-2 loss Sunday.
While the popular choice to be fitted for goat horns was Bryan McCabe, Leetch's defence partner, it should be pointed out that Leetch finished minus-four himself.
"I'm sure I've had lots of nights like that but I've forgotten them all," he said. "You have to.
"Bryan and I know we can play better. And we're going to. There were plays to be made, but our positioning has to be more sound.
"He's a great player.Usually we feed off each other out there but it seemed whatever we attempted out there, backfired.
On the bright side, Leetch was tied for the league power-play assist lead in the post-season with four heading into play last night.
MAPLE LEAFS INJURIES
Knee. Out indefinitely, might require surgery.
Hamstring. Out indefinitely, might be out for months
Knee. Out indefinitely, continues to show progress.
- Launch Control 2.11: Fish Out of Water
- Matthew McConaughey Weighs in on 'Redskins' Debate
- Man BASE jumps into rooftop pool
- Lorde's Song 'Royals' Banned From San Francisco Radio During World Series
- Rookie Lazar Moving in to Chez Phillips
- Air Force Captain proposes to cheerleader during NFL game
- Paul Rudd Invites Royals Fans To Keg Party At His Mom's
- Embattled Coyotes find a buyer
- CFL and the Toronto Argonauts
- Katy Perry Will Play The Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Over the Line?! - Penis punch, creepy mascots and one great speech
- Floyd Mayweather -- I'm Gonna Train Michael Jackson's Son ... To Fight!
- Beijing marathoners forced to battle immense smog
- 17 exceptional photos from the first 17 NHL games
- Bee freaks out American gymnast Simone Biles
- Oilers '84: Where are they now?
- Yashin in: NHL players paid to go away
- LeBron James' $17M Miami waterfront mansion up for sale
- Breaking down the NHL's Western Conference
- Breaking down the NHL's Eastern Conference
- Trade Watch: These NHLers could move before the deadline
- Top 10 storylines of the 2014-15 NHL season
- Best and worst sporting goodbyes
- Paulina Gretzky Instagram photos