NHL OK WITH NIK?
As of yesterday, the Maple Leafs had not been informed of any National Hockey League plan to discipline Nik Antropov for a Game 5 cross-check to the back of Flyers' Jeremy Roenick. Antropov was responding to a Roenick hit he considered to be aimed at his head.
"We'll see," Antropov said of his actions. "You have to look at what he (Roenick) did first."
Winger Wade Belak said the Leafs shouldn't get too carried away with the final score in Game 5. The seven goals against were the most since April 29, 1993, when Detroit lit up Felix Potvin seven times, though the Leafs responded with a Game 7 win.
"The score doesn't matter, the bottom line is that we lost," Belak said. "It seems like when it rains it pours when you play like that against them. But once we left the rink and got on the plane, we tried to put it behind us.
"We had just 11 shots, but in our last two home games, we shot the puck and we scored."
The Flyers combined record against the Leafs since Game 7 of last year's final now stands at 7-3, out-scoring Toronto 37-17.
LIFE OF BRIANS
Less than 24 hours after the Blowout on Broad St., Brian Leetch still was taking his share of the blame for the Leafs embarrassing 7-2 loss Sunday.
While the popular choice to be fitted for goat horns was Bryan McCabe, Leetch's defence partner, it should be pointed out that Leetch finished minus-four himself.
"I'm sure I've had lots of nights like that but I've forgotten them all," he said. "You have to.
"Bryan and I know we can play better. And we're going to. There were plays to be made, but our positioning has to be more sound.
"He's a great player.Usually we feed off each other out there but it seemed whatever we attempted out there, backfired.
On the bright side, Leetch was tied for the league power-play assist lead in the post-season with four heading into play last night.
MAPLE LEAFS INJURIES
Knee. Out indefinitely, might require surgery.
Hamstring. Out indefinitely, might be out for months
Knee. Out indefinitely, continues to show progress.
- Craig Sager Reportedly Undergoing Treatment For Leukemia
- Golfer Attacked By Hornets
- Best Skateboarding Tricks of All Time
- New Dating Website for Green Bay Packers Fans
- Craig Sager Diagnosed With Leukemia
- Derrick Rose Trolled By Action Figure
- Donovan McNabb Jailed After 2013 Arrest
- Manny Pacquiao Takes His Entourage on Shopping Spree
- Secret Service Threatened to Shoot Mets Mascot
- WWE Fires Back at Nancy Grace
- Project North
- Porsha Willams Turns Herself In to Police
- Best all-time NHL playoff performers
- Annual post-season goalie rankings
- 16 numbers to help make sense of the NHL playoffs
- Check out our top 10 post-season moments
- Wayne Gretzky selling California mansion
- Here are 15 pro wrestlers we lost too soon
- Introducing the should-be NHL award finalists
- 25 dazzling photos from Spring Training
- 10 biggest names that moved on NHL Trade deadline
- 10 last-minute NHL trade deadline targets
- 2 outdoor games, 20 gorgeous photos
- From top spot to urban rot, Olympic venue legacy varies