Report: Doan to talk with Jamison

Shane Doan is nearing a decision on whether to re-sign with the Coyotes or sign with another team....

Shane Doan is nearing a decision on whether to re-sign with the Coyotes or sign with another team. (Al Charest/QMI Agency/Files)

QMI Agency

, Last Updated: 7:11 PM ET

Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan is tired of waiting for the team's ownership to be settled and will start negotiating with other teams if a sale doesn't go through this weekend, according to Sports 620 in Phoenix.

Doan, an unrestricted free agent, was seeking a meeting Friday with prospective owner Greg Jamison, but the latter wasn't available until late in the evening, the Phoenix Business Journal reported.

Doan and his agent, Terry Bross, were looking for some positive news from Jamison.

"We're expecting some type of announcement ... (so general manager Don Maloney) and I can start putting pencil to paper," Bross told the Arizona Republic. "If we don't, I think we're going to start to negotiate with some of the other clubs."

Doan, 35, is one of the last big-name free agents available.

"I say there are three or four (teams) that he's very serious about," Bross said. "There are probably two more that he has a lot of interest in."

Teams said to be interested include the New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers and Montreal Canadiens. The Detroit Red Wings are out of the running because of Doan's alleged request for $30 million over four years.

The NHL has owned the Coyotes since September 2009.


Videos

Photos