Shane Doan has laid down another deadline, this time one directed at the Phoenix Coyotes.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, Doan has given prospective Coyotes owner Greg Jamison until Friday to make progress or get close to finalizing the sale of the NHL-owner team. If that doesn't happen, the unrestricted free agent will likely take his services elsewhere.
Doan has visited with the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers in an effort to get a feel for the market in case the sale of the Coyotes to Jamison falls through, according to his agent, Terry Bross.
"When we get the news, whether it's good or bad, at least we'll be prepared," Bross told USA Today. "Otherwise we'll have to take a week to make a decision. If we find out it doesn't happen, then we're behind the eight-ball trying to go visit teams and make a decision.
"Let's get them out of the way now. If it works (with the Coyotes), great. If it doesn't, we've got a feel for the other places."
Doan is planning a visit to the Montreal Canadiens next week, according to TVA Sports.