CALGARY FLAMES @ ST. LOUIS BLUES
GAME TIME: 6 P.M. TV: BELL CH. 429 RADIO: THE FAN 960
The Flames have gone 1-2-1 over the first four games of a seven-game road trip, their longest of the season. Despite collecting three points, Calgary hasn't yet played a strong game. They've been outshot 153-84 since leaving the friendly confines of the Saddledome.
The Blues are on a four-game losing skid after grabbing at least a point in 16 of their previous 19 games. Their latest loss was a 6-0 shutout at the hands of the San Jose Sharks Tuesday night.
Tonight's game will be the last instalment in their four-game series this season. Calgary has lost just once, a 3-2 shootout decision in St. Louis Jan. 30. The Blues hold the edge in the all-time record (56-55-15-2) and are 41-36-9-2 since the Flames' arrival in Calgary.
* FLAMES -- F Kristian Huselius has been cranking up his creativity lately. He has two goals and two assists on the road trip so far. F Byron Ritchie scored his second goal of the season two games into his comeback from a knee injury.
* BLUES -- The team has returned to its losing ways of 2005 but F Scott Young has a hot hand. He has three goals and six points in his last five games.
* FLAMES -- D Dion Phaneuf will no doubt want to rebound from one of the rockiest games of his rookie season Tuesday. He was caught pinching at inopportune times and one of his errors resulted in the Wild's shorthanded winner.
* BLUES -- G Patrick Lalime has lost his last three starts, accumulating a 4.00 goals-against average. He now has one victory in his last nine attempts.
POWERPLAY -- Calgary 18.3% (72-394, 11th); St. Louis 15.4% (66-428, 25th).
PENALTY KILLING -- Calgary 83.2% (70-418, 12th); St. Louis 82.4% (69-392, 15th).
* FLAMES -- D Rhett Warrener (knee) and F Mike Leclerc (wrist) are out.
* BLUES -- F Jeff Hoggan (clavicle) is doubtful. F Vladimir Orzagh (knee) is expected to be sidelined until early April. G Jason Bacashihua (upper body), D Barret Jackman (jaw) and C Ryan Johnson (foot) are out indefinitely. D Eric Brewer (shoulder) and G Curtis Sanford (knee) are expected to miss the remainder of the season.
Only three Flames were missing from yesterday's practice. RW Jarome Iginla, C Daymond Langkow and G Miikka Kiprusoff ... Many of the Flames stuck around after practice at the Savvis Center to play a little pond hockey, swapping red and black jerseys to have some fun before getting their game faces back on this morning ... After tonight's game, the Flames fly to Columbus, Ohio, for tomorrow's game against the Blue Jackets.