COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS AT CALGARY FLAMES
TONIGHT AT 7 P.M., TV: SPORTSNET, RADIO: FAN 960
Calgary (5-7-2) snapped a three-game losing streak by blanking Minnesota 3-0 Tuesday night at the 'Dome to start this home stand.
At that same time, the Blue Jackets (4-9-0) were manhandled 5-1 by the Edmonton Oilers. Columbus has dropped two in a row after a modest two-game winning streak.
Calgary's first win of the season came in Ohio, a 3-1 victory in which Shean Donovan, Daymond Langkow and Darren McCarty tallied. The Flames have won the last three meetings and four of the last five but trail the all-time series 8-9-0. Their home record against the Blue Jackets is 5-3-0.
* FLAMES -- Jarome Iginla scored twice last game to up his point streak to seven games, in which he has five goals and three assists.
* BLUE JACKETS -- Defenceman Bryan Berard leads his squad with 10 points (3-7-10) in the first 13 games.
* FLAMES -- Chuck Kobasew has gone six games without a point.
* BLUE JACKETS -- Todd Marchant hasn't scored this season.
POWERPLAY -- Calgary 13% (12-92, 27th); Columbus 10.4% (9-86, 30th).
PENALTY KILLING -- Calgary 76.6% (26th); Columbus 83.5% (11th).
* FLAMES -- D Robyn Regehr (knee) is possible to return while D Bryan Marchment (undisclosed) is doubtful. LW Chris Simon (rib muscle) and C Matthew Lombardi (ankle) are out.
* BLUE JACKETS -- C Gilbert Brule (sternum) remains out. His injury was caused by a hard check from Roman Hamrlik.
Calgary is looking to win consecutive games for the first time this season ... With his two third-period goals against Minnesota, Jarome Iginla moved into a tie with Gary Roberts for third spot on the Flames all-time goal scoring list with 257 tallies. Theoren Fleury sits first with 364, while Joe Nieuwendyk is second (314) ... For Columbus, both LW Rick Nash (high ankle sprain) and D Rostislav Klesla (leg) returned from injury Tuesday night in Edmonton ... Calgary's home record has improved to 3-1-1 while the Blue Jackets have a 1-6-0 road mark.