DALLAS STARS AT CALGARY FLAMES
7 P.M., TV: SPORTSNET, RADIO: FAN 960
Losses to Detroit (6-3) and Colorado (7-3) on back-to-back days left the Flames with a 1-3 record on their season-opening road trip. Dallas arrives having beat Phoenix 3-2 Tuesday night in the desert. The Stars opened with a win over Los Angeles and lost to Colorado, with all their games at home.
The Flames have lost the last three meetings and are 1-4-3-1 in the last nine. Dallas won both games at the Saddledome during the 2003-04 campaign.
LW Antti Miettinen, LW Jussi Jokinen, LW Jaroslav Svoboda, D Stephane Robidas, D Martin Skoula, D Trevor Daley, G Johan Hedberg.
RW Val Bure, F Shayne Corson, F Rob DiMaio, F Aaron Downey, D Teppo Numminen, D Lubomir Sekeras, D Don Sweeney, D Chris Therien, G Pierre Turgeon, G Ron Tugnutt, C Pierre Turgeon, F Scott Young.
* FLAMES -- LW Tony Amonte has five points (2-3-5) in the four games.
* STARS -- C Jason Arnott already has five points on the season (1-4-5).
* FLAMES -- Take your pick. LW Chris Simon has no points and is a minus-4 in four games, while C Steven Reinprecht has just one helper and is a minus-3.
* STARS -- D Martin Skoula has never turned into the offensive catalyst expected.
POWERPLAY -- Calgary 7.4% (2-27, 27th); Dallas 9% (2-22, 25th).
PENALTY KILLING -- Calgary 56% (30th); Dallas 81.8% (19th).
* FLAMES -- D Robyn Regehr (knee) is out another couple of weeks.
* STARS -- F Mathias Tjarnqvist (ankle) is out indefinitely.
The Flames have yet to score a first-period goal.