Ducks give Carlyle new 3-year deal

SPORTS NETWORK

, Last Updated: 5:13 PM ET

ANAHEIM, CALIF., - The Ducks on Monday signed head coach Randy Carlyle to a new three-year contract that will keep him behind Anaheim's bench through the 2013-14 season.

Carlyle had been entering the final year of his previous deal, which was revised as part of the new agreement.

"Randy has been invaluable to this club over the last six years," said Ducks general manager Bob Murray. "He has been a true leader through thick and thin, and we are very pleased to be able to reward him with this well-deserved contract."

With Carlyle at the helm, the Ducks have made five playoff appearances and captured their first Stanley Cup championship in 2007.

"I'm very grateful to be able to continue coaching the Ducks into the future," said the 55-year-old Carlyle, who has compiled a 266-169-57 record since being named head coach prior to the 2005-06 campaign.

Last year, the Ducks finished fourth in the Western Conference with a mark of 47-30-5. They were eliminated in six games in the first round of the postseason by the Nashville Predators.


Videos

Photos