Highlights of the proposal offered by the NHL yesterday, which was immediately rejected by the NHLPA:
- A league-wide compensation range which guaranteed the players 54-55% of NHL revenues and a guarantee of 53%. Any team not reporting its revenues properly will be heavily fined and will lose draft choices.
- A salary cap ranging from $32-$42 million (all figures US). There would also be changes to arbitration and entry-level contracts
- A profit-sharing plan in which the players would share 50/50.
- A reduction in unrestricted free agency from age 31 to 30.
- The league agreed to accept the union's offer of a 24% salary rollback.
- An increase in the minimum salary to $300,000.