1) Let's cut to the chase: What did you have for breakfast?
"Like I have most every morning. Oats with blackberries or blueberries and strawberries. I have that five out of six mornings when I'm at home."
2) When it comes to films, rom-com or sci-fi?
"Neither one. I'm not a movie guy. I think the last movie I went to was Chariots of Fire. It's not that bad. We go to kids' movies with the grandkids."
3) What's the one sporting event you'd like to see live?
"I did it this year, the Masters. I went this year and on the par-3 tournament on Wednesday I got to caddie for Mark O'Meara. What a great time that was. The next thing is I want to play the course."
4) Best concert you've ever seen?
"You're going to laugh, but years ago we saw Liberace. He put on the best performance. My wife and I were in stitches. It was entertaining."
5) Dogs or cats?
"Dogs. We have neighbours with cats and one of them lives at our house."
6) Which person, alive or dead, would you like to have dinner with?
"Of course, Jesus Christ. Second would be Winston Churchill."
7) The best thing about Canada is?
"Everything. I'm so proud to be Canadian. I've been to 58 countries, and they're wonderful countries, but Canada is the best."
8) Best advice your parents ever gave you?
"I was going to give up hockey before my last year of junior and go to university. My dad said, 'I think every Saturday night when you see the Maple Leafs play, you'll wonder if you could have made it.' "
9) Book or video game?
"Book for sure. I'm a voracious reader."
10) Your favourite vacation destination?
"We've started going to Grand Cayman with two other couples. Seven Mile Beach is one of the most beautiful places in the world and there are some wonderful golf courses."
11) The last book you couldn't put down?
"I just finished it: The Doctrine of the Christian Life (A Theology of Lordship) by John Frame. A wonderful book."
12) Favourite TV series?
"Without a doubt, I Love Lucy. I couldn't wait to see it. Lucille Ball was the best comedian."
13) What's your culinary specialty?
"Barbecuing anything. I'd put my wife up against any chef in the world and I don't do much inside, but I do all the barbecuing."
14) Your dream vehicle would be?
"What I'm driving, a Lexus 350. I love the car. I wouldn't trade it for a Bentley."
15) Who's your hero?
"My (Christian) mentor, John Bradford. He took me under his wing in Birmingham and remained one of my best friends until he died. He really taught me what it was to be a man who lived life to the fullest but lived in a manner pleasing and honouring to the Lord."
16) Who was the best James Bond?
"Pierce Brosnan. I've always liked him."
17) What's your fast-food guilty pleasure?
"I don't eat fast food any more, not since I got cancer."
18) What's one thing about you people would be surprised to know?
"That's a good question. I'm pretty transparent and have no problem sharing my weaknesses. Probably that I was born on a sleigh. (His mother went into labour while taking a horse-drawn sleigh to the hospital.)
19) What's playing in your iPod right now?
"We listen to music in the house, but I seldom turn on music in the car. I use that time to meditate. Even when I go on a bike ride. I like to look around and enjoy the scenery."
20) OK, time's up and we're buying. What's your poison?
"I've lost so much weight, my doctor told me to drink Guinness and I've developed a taste for it. My wife and I really enjoy a glass of red wine. We're too old to drink cheap wine, and we don't."