The fearsome threesome of Mike Weir, Fred Couples and Sean O'Hair are expected to attract the largest gallery during Thursday's opening round at St. George's.
They start at 1:15 p.m., from the first tee.
Weir, Couples and O'Hair start their second round Friday at 7:40 a.m. from the ninth tee.
Other intriguing Thursday threesomes include:
- Bill Hass, Matt Kuchar and Trevor Immelman, (8 a.m., first tee).
- David Duval, Lee Janzen, Kevin Streelman ( 7:10 a.m., ninth tee).
- Camilo Villegas, Retief Goosen, Carl Pettersson (7:40, ninth tee).
- John Daly, Kevin Na, Jeev Milkha Singh (1:05 p.m. first tee).
- Stephen Ames, Paul Casey, Jason Bohn (1:25, first tee).
Open back to Hamilton?
The members of the Hamilton Golf and Country Club have approved the playing of the 2012 RBC Canadian Open at that club in Ancaster, Ont., according to sources.
Hamilton hosted the Open in 2003 and 2006, earning positive reviews from PGA Tour each time.
Shaugnessy Golf and Country Club in Vancouver will host next year's Open.
Cost of business
Tour rookie Graham DeLaet of Canada estimates Tour expenses run him and his wife between $3,000 and $5,000 a week.
"That's me and I try to keep it relatively cheap," he explained. "You have to be comfortable. You can't stay in places where they have poor beds and poor pillows because a good sleep is invaluable."
Fan favourite Daly is expected to arrive at St. George's Wednesday. He spent Tuesday hosting a Skins game at his signature course -- Thundering Waters -- in Niagara Falls.