Aug. 7-13 at the London Hunt and Country Club
The London Hunt and Country Club is the site of the CN Canadian Women's Open Aug. 7-13. Every Saturday, The Free Press will provide information about the championship, the LPGA Tour, players who will be coming to London and other events at the club:
About the championship
A field of 156 golfers from the LPGA Tour will play a 72-hole tournament beginning Thursday, Aug. 10, and ending Sunday, Aug. 13. The players will be vying for a record purse of $1.7 million US.
Meena Lee, right.
A women-only pro-am is slated for Aug. 7, as well as final qualifying and first practice rounds. The championship pro-am is scheduled for Aug. 9. Tour players will be grouped in foursomes.
Did you know
- 10,000 metres of rope will line the fairways and greens to separate spectators from the players.
- 200 phone lines will be installed for tournament operations and the media centre, to be located on the front lawn near the clubhouse.
- 1,280 metres of security fencing is required.
- The club has signed up 1,300 volunteers -- all they need -- and there is a waiting list.
- The only Canadian to win the championship was Jocelyn Bourassa, who is a member of Canada's Golf Hall of Fame.
Canadian LPGA players
Dawn Coe-Jones, A.J. Eathorne, Gail Graham, Nancy Harvey, Lorie Kane and Alena Sharp
Thursday through Sunday, purchased in advance, $20 a day; Parking, $5 a day. Call 1-866-571-5742 online at www.rcga.org/canadianwomensopen/en/tickets.asp