Bethlehem, PA - Michael Vick is clear to play this season, the NFL announced Monday.
Posting on his Twitter account, league spokesman Greg Aiello said in regard to Vick, "there has been no change in his playing status. Beyond that, we have no further comment on Michael at this time."
According to a report Monday from the Philadelphia Daily News, the league cleared Vick after finishing an investigation into the shooting that occurred last month outside a restaurant celebrating his 30th birthday.
Vick reported to Eagles training camp Monday.
"I didn't get a clearance, I thought I was good to go," Vick said. "I just woke up this morning planning on being here."
Vick said he was curious about whether or not he'd be at training camp two or three weeks ago, when the latest controversy was still developing.
He was cleared as a suspect in the shooting incident and no charges were filed in the case, while Vick's lawyer said his client was not involved and had left the party before the shooting took place. However, Vick, who is still on probation in relation to his dogfighting conviction, was reported to have been in a confrontation prior to the incident and could have faced some punishment from the NFL in regard to the league's personal conduct policy.
Vick said Monday he knew the facts of the situation and said he didn't do anything wrong, but said he never should have put himself in the situation surrounding his birthday party.
"Day-to-day, you have to make sound, solid decisions," Vick said. "You can't have lapses in judgment. That's what happened."
Vick added that had he was upset with himself for letting down people "in his corner" -- among them NFL commissioner and Roger Goodell and Eagles head coach Andy Reid. Vick said he is due to meet Goodell on August 3.