The feelings about Adam (Pacman) Jones in the Bombers locker-room yesterday were summed up perfectly in pictures.
On one of the team's whiteboards, someone drew the Pacman video game character in a circle with a diagonal line through it. Surrounding that were several of Pacman's statements from his now infamous 44-minute Internet video that played a large part in the Bombers' decision to no longer pursue the former NFL star.
Jones essentially belittled the CFL when he looked in the camera and said he might play one game before being scooped up by an NFL team and that he would probably score two touchdowns a game.
That was just the football talk. There were many other questionable statements.
"My eyes are burning," is how head coach Mike Kelly described his reaction to watching the video. "It's unfortunate that that type of behaviour can be broadcast all around the world. It just wasn't something I thought was conducive to our football club.
"That (video) did figure in to it to some degree."
To make matters worse, Jones kicked off the video by saying he had just signed with a team in the fledgling United Football League.
That Internet can be a dangerous thing.
"I've seen a lot of things in 13 years of football," defensive tackle Doug Brown said. "I've seen guys get knocked out on the field and forget what quarter it is, forget what score it is. It's the first time I've ever seen anybody forget what league they were going to sign with. Wow."
Three days ago several Bombers players said they would welcome Pacman with open arms. Yesterday they were singing a different tune, mocking him and taking him to task for a lack of respect.
"Somebody like that, just taking shots at this league and saying whatever they want to say about this league and never played up here, that's a bold statement," defensive end Gavin Walls said.
"This is a league that feeds a lot of our families, this is a league that does a lot of things for communities. This is an idiot talking. He may have nowhere to play. You can't burn any bridges, man."
Brown defended the team's feelings about Jones earlier in the week, saying the video changed a lot of minds.
"I don't think we knew what we were getting into until we saw that," he said.
"Other than drawing funny pictures on the wall about him, we don't care," centre Obby Khan said. "... It's his loss, not ours."
One of Jones' agents, Jason Fletcher, told SI.com's Jim Trotter late Wednesday that the Bombers pulled the plug on his client because of negative media attention in Winnipeg.
Fletcher told Trotter that a deal was done, that Jones was scheduled to fly to Winnipeg yesterday and that a press conference had been organized for last night. At that point, according to Fletcher, the Bombers said thanks, but no thanks.
"I would suggest there's no factual information in that respect," said Bombers president and CEO Lyle Bauer, who claimed he hadn't heard about the video. "We were a long ways from anything. The determination was made in advance of any decision or speculation on admissibility (to Canada)."
Fletcher didn't return messages left by the Sun yesterday.