Eleven fights have now been confirmed for the sold-out UFC 100 July 11 in Las Vegas. The card looks like this:
- Champion Brock Lesnar vs. interim champ Frank Mir in a heavyweight title unification bout
- Champion Georges St. Pierre vs. Thiago Alves for the welterweight belt
- Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago
- Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson
- Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher
- Stephan Bonnar vs. Mark Coleman
- Jon Jones vs. Jake O'Brien
- Jonathan Goulet vs. Dong Hyun Kim
- Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller
- C.B. Dollaway vs. Tom Lawlor
- Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty
Loser wins big bucks
It would seem the numbers just don't make sense. Nick Diaz handily beat Frank Shamrock at last weekend's Strikeforce event in San Jose, yet Shamrock took home $369,790, while Diaz made only $39,950.
Bad Boy comeback talks
According to mmajunkie, Tito "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" Ortiz is in negotiations with Strikeforce to return to MMA.
Final goodbye to Mask
Hundreds gathered earlier this week to pay their final respects to TapouT co-founder Charles Lewis Jr. in California. Mask, as he was known by fans, died after a car crash last month. In attendance at the Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove were UFC owner Lorenzo Ferttita, ref John McCarthy, Joe Rogan, Keith Jardine, as well as TapouT co-founders Timothy "Sky Skrape" Katz, Dan "Punkass" Caldwell.
Around the ring
For tomorrow night's Lockdown pay-per-view TNA Wrestling is promoting the appearance of a former world champion from another association. The buzz is it'll be Tazz, but Bobby Lashley is another name being tossed around ... Chief Jay Strongbow was on hand for RAW ... WWE is beginning to promote The Undertaker's retirement tour next year.