Hilton refuses to acknowledge sex abuse of daughters

BRIAN DALY, QMI Agency

, Last Updated: 12:35 PM ET

Former boxing champion David Hilton still refuses to acknowledge sexual abuse against his two daughters that landed him a seven-year jail term.

The 49-year old told QMI Agency Thursday he "forgives" the women for testifying against him at the 2001 incest trial.

His remarks followed his eldest daughter's earlier comments that she forgives him for performing sex acts on her and her sister when they were young girls.

"I'm innocent," Hilton told QMI. "I have no (sex offender) problem. It's a conspiracy against me by my daughters, by my (ex) wife. I am innocent and I'll say it again. What evidence was there in court? There was none. Just the media and a bad judge. It's against the values of my family to do that."

Jeannie and Marie-Anne Hilton testified in court that their father raped them repeatedly between 1995 and 1998, when they were pre-teens.

They described forced penetration, fellatio and masturbation sessions in their Montreal-area home and even in the family car. Both women also testified that Hilton had beaten them with skipping ropes and plastic hangers since they toddlers.

Hilton was stripped of his WBC super-middleweight title after he was convicted and served six years in prison. The daughters later moved to Florida and wrote a book in 2004 about their ordeal.

Jeannie Hilton told QMI Agency earlier this week that she forgives her father.

"I believe that everyone has the right to a second chance," she said. "It's in the hands of God now."

Jeannie's younger sister wasn't as charitable towards her father, saying it's obvious he hasn't changed and shows no remorse.

The fractured family's situation has become more complicated now that Hilton has remarried. His new wife gave birth to a baby girl last month and Hilton says there's no reason for anyone to think his baby daughter is in danger with him in the house.

He added that it's up to the media to stop calling him a sex offender.

"Whenever I say something, the media flips it around and shows only one side of the coin," he said. "Just accusations, allegations, accusations."

Hilton claims to have been in therapy to control his drinking problem, in addition to following a workout regime to make a return to the ring.

Whether or not Jeannie and Marie-Anne still have scars from their childhood, Hilton says he's moved on.

"My two daughters are healthy," he insisted. "I want to continue. (I go) one day at a time. For now, I'm in the gym. I ask God to give me a chance."


Videos

Photos