1. KEVIN MARTIN ... Has had the best team in the world (give or take that last rock at the Worlds) the past two years. Lineup of John Morris, Marc Kennedy and Ben Hebert is tops. Martin will thrive at home.
2. GLENN HOWARD ... Will be totally comfortable in Edmonton venue where he won 2007 Worlds. Key game might be first one against Jeff Stoughton.
3. RANDY FERBEY ... Was the overwhelming favourite four years ago in Halifax, but lost three of the first four and hasn't really been the same since. Now nowhere near the expectations nor the pressure.
4. JEFF STOUGHTON ... Was 7-2 and in final in Halifax.
5. KEVIN KOE ... No idea how they'll handle the pressure.
6. JASON GUNNLAUGSON ... Upsets waiting to happen.
7. PAT SIMMONS ... History with this company says no.
8. WAYNE MIDDAUGH ... Is 5-13 at trials so far.
1. CHERYL BERNARD ... Been knocking on the door as Alberta reps at Scotties the last two years. A top team with no real pressure.
2.JENNIFER JONES ... Something just a bit off with this group lately, but no question the Winnipeg team has been by far Canada's best in this Olympic quadrennial. Be a shame if the trials eat another favourite alive.
3. SHANNON KLEIBRINK ... Back with Amy Nixon to get back to Olympics and upgrade the bronze won in Torino 2006, Calgary team qualified direct to Edmonton without much fan fare or notice.
4. KELLY SCOTT ... Lost trials final four years ago.
5. STEFANIE LAWTON ... Saskatchewan hope No. 1.
6. AMBER HOLLAND ... Saskatchewan hope No. 2.
7. CRYSTAL WEBSTER ... Too many babies on board.
8. KRISTA McCARVILLE ... Lead is 53 years old.
1. GLENN HOWARD ... Got a warm reception from the crowd with his dominant win here in the 2007 worlds. Had a 17-game win streak going just two weeks ago.
2. KEVIN MARTIN ... Not much to pick between curling's top two teams. Having a major event in your hometown can cut both ways and this battle will be undecided until the final draw.
3. RANDY FERBEY ... Won a tour event last weekend and would like nothing better than to skip this legendary foursome into the Olympics. Otherwise, their run is done.
4. JEFF STOUGHTON ... Third Kevin Park will help skip.
5. KEVIN KOE ...Elite-level team can match shots with anyone.
6. WAYNE MIDDAUGH ... Addition of third Jon Mead will help.
7. JASON GUNNLAUGSON ... Youthful enthusiasm welcome.
8. PAT SIMMONS ... How long can third Gerry Adam star?
1. JENNIFER JONES ... The most dominant women's team in the past five years will find a way to get into the final.
2. KELLY SCOTT ... Former Jones junior rinkmate was the most dominant team at the start of the Olympic cycle.
3. CHERYL BERNARD ... Always a top performer on the women's tour, 2009 Alberta champ has two provincial titles in three seasons.
4. STEFANIE LAWTON ... Former junior stars a steady combination.
5. SHANNON KLEIBRINK ... 2006 Olympic rep wearing a target.
6. KRISTA McCARVILLE ... Feel good story for new mom.
7. CRYSTAL WEBSTER ... Went undefeated at the pre-trials event.
8. AMBER HOLLAND ... Overmatched in this field.
1. KEVIN MARTIN ... Has best personnel from lead to tee-head in world, but sometimes throws games away. One also wonders how he would do at the Olympics considering his spotty record at international events.
2. GLENN HOWARD ... Would absolutely love to match his big brother's Olympic gold. Sure does look like a two-horse race.
3. JEFF STOUGHTON ... When Stoughton and Edmonton's Kevin Park are on top of their games at the same time, few can beat them. Remember last year's Brier?
4. RANDY FERBEY ... One last hurrah at Olympic glory on home ice?
5. WAYNE MIDDAUGH ... Questions of health and experience on front end.
6. KEVIN KOE ... Another Mike Harris?
7. PAT SIMMONS ... Skip can, but rest of the sodbusters just don't measure up.
8. JASON GUNNLAUGSON ... Crowd favourite must wait another four years.
1. JENNIFER JONES ... She's been hot for the last three years and her squad's never-say-die approach has sent a message.
2. SHANNON KLEIBRINK .... Been there, done that, and she won't be intimidated. People forget that she lost 1997 trials final to Sandra Schmirler.
3. KELLY SCOTT ... It may have taken her too long to get here, but she has been a Jones nemesis.
4. STEFANIE LAWTON ... They are better than some people think.
5. CHERYL BERNARD ... This cowgirl could ride higher than this if she gets hot.
6. KRISTA MCCARVILLE ... The dark horse who can beat any team here.
7. CRYSTAL WEBSTER ... Wait for 2014.
8. AMBER HOLLAND ... In dutch here.