On one hand, Ron Wilson said he respects Sundin for not rushing back if he is unsure whether or not he wants to play -- adding that he would welcome back the longtime Leafs captain with open arms.
On the other hand, Wilson suggested that one of the problems with the sad-sack Leafs last year was a distinct lack of leadership.
And you don't have to be Howie Meeker to connect the dots there, that leadership is supposed to be one of the major responsibilities of the team captain.
Is Wilson right about the Leafs recent poor form?
Full story: Wilson suggests Mats was part of the problem
I bet most of them are the bandwagon Habs fans too, bitter and upset a team they started to watch in Feburary is out of the playoffs.
People keep saying the Leafs are old, but that is clearly not true. Detroit IS old.
The Leafs have quite a bit of young talent, that started to play this year.
For those that look at draft choices, you do realize great players aren't always drafted in the top 10, OR top 30?
Five best value picks (active players)
• Nicklas Lidstrom, D, Detroit, 1989 (53rd overall)
• Henrik Zetterberg, F, Detroit, 1999 (210th overall)
• Pavel Datsyuk, C, Detroit, 1998 (171st overall)
• Tomas Kaberle, D, Toronto, 1996 (204th overall)
• Dominik Hasek, G, Chicago, 1983, (199th overall)
• Mark Messier, C/W, Edmonton, 1979, (48th overall)
• Patrick Roy, G, Montreal, 1984, (51st overall)
Brett Hull, RW, Calgary, 1984, (117th overall)
• Luc Robitaille, LW, Los Angeles, 1984, (171st overall)
Just b/c they aren't top 10, doesn't mean they won't shine.
someone, 2008-05-08 03:32:46
Blair Weber, 2008-05-08 00:06:10
Play to win.
Rangers Fan, 2008-05-07 23:34:38