December 20, 2014

HOCKEY
HOCKEY POOL
JR. HOCKEY
WRESTLING
CFL
NFL
MLB
NBA
2012 GAMES
FIGHTING
SOCCER
GOLF
TENNIS
MOTORSPORTS
CURLING
LACROSSE
FIG. SKATING
SKIING
OTHER SPORTS
COMMENT
SLAM! BLOG
SLAM! TUMBLR
SCOREBOARD
DAILY GALLERY
MORE GALLERIES
VIDEO GALLERY
NEWSLETTER
RSS FEED
TWITTER FEED


NFL CANADA


Can the Leafs reel in the last playoff spot?
Sat, March 22, 2008

The Leafs lose the easy ones but win the tough ones.

After shedding three players at the NHL trade deadline, the Leafs have 20 games to close the gap on 8th place in the East, but will need some help.

Can the Leafs perform the improbable and reel in a playoff spot?



Name:  
E-mail:
Comment:

 
This comment is FULLY MODERATED.

YOU SAID
239 Comments

I agree with Leon, lets get some stories about the Oilers, Flames and Canucks on here, 90 percent of the people on here hate the leafs and figure the leafs are done and the other 10 percent are just idiots!!!!
jim f, 2008-03-18 12:52:45

i am really getting sick of hearing about the leafs. now their whining they got sundin and antropov out for tonights game.. check the islanders they got 7 out..give a rest!!!
willy, 2008-03-18 09:42:27

Please!!!how about we put this one to rest for a while, people.Like,until next year maybe? Three or four other teams have a more legitimate chance at the final 8th spot...How about if we talk about them for a while.
Joe Meloche, 2008-03-18 07:59:28

the selfish ones have assured this conversation for the next ten years
dave, 2008-03-18 06:34:52

It time time for this pathetic excuse for a hockey team to be mathematically eleminated. I only hope Fletcher is given some time to get rid of as many under acheiving so-called professional players as possible. If only we could send upper management with them too.
Frank Kastle, 2008-03-18 04:48:03

Duh! and what is so dam important about making the playoffs, it seems to me that the Leafs are finally on track,with Cliffey there things will get straightened out and are, we loved him in Calgary, he borders on a great Hockey man, besides kids are getting to the NHL quicker, at a younger age, and making an impact, you have some very good youngsters in the system. Leaf fans I can hardly wait till your team steps up, and they will, and we can finally stop talking so much about them all the time.....

Ed
Ed, 2008-03-17 21:40:06

It's all but over. At least the Habs will join them a week or so later on the golf course.
someone, 2008-03-17 20:11:05

put a fork in it .... I think were done
KT, 2008-03-17 17:59:23

O.K. boys and girls!!! Time to put away your calculators,the blue & white paint,and put the band-aids on,before you run out of"blue & white" blood.It's all over but the crying.Next year...they'll make a much better run at 9th place,I'm sure.Have a nice spring ,watching the leaves budding.
Losers-since'67, 2008-03-16 20:11:15

(That should read "you're welcome" Mike). Case in point to what I just posted - Boston beat Philadelphia 3-2 in OT today so, even with the loss, the Flyers now move 6 pts ahead of the Leafs while Boston opens their gap to 8.
George O'Leary, 2008-03-15 16:01:49

<< Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next >>
Comment Links

Comment Links

, Last Updated: 10:59 AM ET

CNEWS Comments JAM Comments LIFEWISE Comments

Videos

Photos




Canoe Sports | Videos & Photos – News – Results – Scoreboard & Statistics
Memphis Grizzlies replace assistant's stolen car

Videos

Photos



Which team is your early pick to win the Stanley Cup this season?
  Blackhawks
  Penguins
  Bruins
  Kings
  Blues
  Red Wings
  Canucks
  Ducks
  Another team


Results