Sterling feels fabulous, unsure NBA is OK

Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling sits on the sidelines watching his team play the New...

Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling sits on the sidelines watching his team play the New York Knicks in their NBA basketball game in Los Angeles in this February 11, 2009 file photo. (REUTERS)

THE SPORTS XCHANGE

, Last Updated: 11:22 PM ET

Banned Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling said he is ready to move on from the sale of his franchise, a pending deal worth $2 billion.

"I feel fabulous, I feel very good," Sterling said Tuesday night at a dinner for nonprofit Shelter Partnerships when asked how he felt about his wife, Shelly, selling the team to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer. "Everything is just the way it should be, really. It may have worked out differently, but it's good. It's all good.

"I'm OK, I'm OK. Is the NBA OK? I'm not sure about that. Is (commissioner) Adam Silver OK? I'm sure he's OK."

A hearing to terminate Donald Sterling's ownership was scheduled for Monday but was canceled after Ballmer's bid was reviewed and tentatively approved. The NBA Board of Governors will vote on the deal agreed upon by Shelly Sterling and Ballmer, which is expected to be unanimously approved.

It's unclear whether Donald Sterling will move forward with a lawsuit he filed last week against the league asking for damages in excess of $1 billion.

Since the Sterling trust sale was announced after Donald Sterling's lawsuit was filed in court, Donald Sterling's attorney, Max Blecher, said he needed to review all the new information before proceeding.

 


Videos

Photos